Sports Therapy and Injury Rehabilitation
What is Sports Therapy?
Sports Therapy is concerned with injury rehabilitation – with the aim of getting the client back to functional, occupational and sport specific fitness irrespective of age and ability. In a perfect world we work towards injury prevention however clients often self-refer to our clinic with a pre-existing injury.
A Sports Therapist has the knowledge and skill to: (reference www.society-of-sports-therapists.org)
- utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes
- provide the immediate care of injuries and basic life support in a recreational, training and competitive environment
- assess, treat and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention
- provide appropriate sport and remedial massage in a sport & exercise context
- plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programs
Our descriptions of types of massage are not definitive and written in our own words. Every treatment will be unique, as a blend of techniques and skills will be used to perform the most effective treatment for you as an individual and your requirements. Occasionally we will refer you to a different practitioner such as a physiotherapist or osteopath to provide a more appropriate treatment if necessary.